Sunday 18 July 2010

Still here...

Firstly I must apologise for my long and unexplained disappearance. I hadn't meant to leave it this long but as we all know life gets in the way.
I completely lost my stitching mojo in a big way and it's only just starting to return now. It didn't help that the twins are now completely mobile and I need eyes in the back of my head, I also found out I was expecting again which was a complete surprise and has took a little time to get used to the idea. So with all of that going on and going to work, I've needed to sleep at every chance.
I'm feeling a lot better know so hopefully the updates will be more frequent, and I'll also be able to comment more on other people's blogs.

Now on to things stitching related. I participated in Exchanging with Beckysc. This was my first exchange in blog land and it was for a scissor keep. I don't know if everyone is the same as me but I got so anxious about what I was going to stitch and whether or not they would like it. I'd never made a scissor keep before and the finishing on it was quite ambitious for me and my humble skills.
I choose "Cottage Garden Scissor Case" from The Drawn Thread and my partner was Lynn.
















The fabric that it's laid on is what I used for the lining. I was really pleased how it turned out.
I was fortunate to recieve a wonderful exchange from Sadie. It's a Prairie Schooler design and I just love it in every way.

Well I think I've gone on long enough and thank you if you made it to the end of the post. I have bought some stash lately which I will share another time with you.
(For some reason blogger wouldn't allow me to write underneath this pic)
   
Take care,

Melanie.

                                                                                            

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your big news!

    Both the scissor pockets are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, eventhough unexpected it is still a blessing. Your stitching is beautiful and I look forward to updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see you back, congrats on your big news. Your stitching and finishing are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your news!

    Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you, Melanie! You will certainly have your hands full. Hopefully, you'll still be able to stitch a bit when the children are napping.

    You did a wonderful job on your scissor keep--beautifully stitched AND finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scissor pocket is so pretty and beautifully finished..
    Congratualtions on your news, when is he/she due? I read how you had written about it and it took me back to myself when I discovered my last and forth was on the way as I had three all under 5 I wondered how I'd manage but I did!
    Hope the new little one will give you stitching time and your new venture BOTM could be as a cot quilt?
    I love the fabric and threads you have for it, how did you join as I followed the link to Leanne's blog but it didn't say how to join as I would love to do it, all her work was so lovely.
    Happy Stitching and do let your blogging friends know when it is due..
    Hugs Chris x

    ReplyDelete